Recommended Time In Role
To be eligible to be a Crew Chef/ Third Chef, all candidates must have STCW Basic Safety Training A-VI/I, a Ship’s Cook CoC (if cooking for ten or more crew), as well as Food Safety (Catering) Level 2.
- Trained Chef (Culinary Certificate, Apprenticeship, Cookery School) or Qualified Chef (formal Quals /apprenticeship)
- GUEST Introduction to Yacht Galley Operations for Chefs
- Full driver’s license is expected.
Crew Chefs/ Third Chefs should have previous Chef experience of at least one to two years either shore side or onboard.
Vocational Chefs may take this route into the industry to gain yacht galley experience before progressing their careers onboard.
- Self Aware
- Can take direction
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Good communicator
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good listener
- Well presented